Tuesday, July 21, 2015

John's holiday story

The Worst Bush Walk Ever
Whoosh! A little flying creature flew pass me. What was that thing?  It was a small colorful bird. It was the mid-year school holidays, my dad and I were going bush walking near our house. My dad and I often go out together and I like that because if my brother was there he would annoy me. We were strolling in autumn crunchy leaves. I love the way that they crunch beneath my feet. I saw red, orange, brown leaves on the wet ground. We peered at the astonishing nature it looked a bit like the Garden of Eden. The birds tweeted in their leafless trees. We saw tiny creatures hiding in their small bushes - I think they were frightened because we are giants for them. The other people who were walking towards us stared at their side, their other side, and up at the birds.
 I asked my dad if we could buy ice cream especially chocolate, my favorite. After all the begging and persuading he eventually said yes. I thought he wouldn't because he had to pay for all that house stuff. We sat on some seats licking on my chocolate ice cream. YUM! YUM! Nothing could spoil this moment, until . . . a white bomb dropped from the sky and onto my shoulder. Yep you've guessed it. It was bird poop. YUCK! We drove home because I needed a wash. I was seriously not expecting bird poop on my shoulder. Some bird poop went on my cheek. Dad thought it was ice cream and he told me to lick it but I told him it was bird poop. I scrubbed my cheek as hard as I can which really hurt me. I went to my room and read my favorite book, Tom Gates. I was a bit disappointed though because we had come home early from our bush walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment