Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A very detailed and descriptive recount by Caleb Meyer

OUR AUTHOR OF THE WEEK


My recount of getting to school

ZZzzzz yawn!  I slowly awoke, catching a glimpse of sunlight shining through my bedroom curtains.   I looked around  - where was Christian?  That cheeky little brother of mine!  He wasn’t in his bed, just where could he be?!

I got out of bed and walked to the lego room.  Surely he was there!  Just as I suspected, there he was!

I went back to my room, picked up my clothes and then walked downstairs.  I looked around as I saw the clock, said to myself “Oh, no, I’m late for school!”. 

I smelt the fresh morning air drifting in through the open window  “Ahh”  I thought as I went over to the rocking chair.  I felt the warmth of the sun light on my face and wished I could just sit down in the chair and relax but instead I rapidly got dressed. 

“Man” I said as I looked at the clock.  It was 8.15!  Boy I’m late.  So I quickly ate my breakfast, it was Weetabix, mmm!  Delicious, so delicious!  I wanted to have another bowl but I knew I couldn’t’ and I really didn’t have time anyway.

I had to scramble to get my bag and into the car.  Once we were in the car I could not wait to be at school.  I love seeing all my friends.  As we pulled up at the school gate I said – “At last!"


By Caleb Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment